Friday, October 21, 2011

So Fresh and So Clean Part 5!

This is one of my favorite organic cleaners, because it accomplishes something that I've always desired - germ-and-icky-free food. That's right, this is your recipe for a fruit and vegetable wash.




Fruit and Vegetable Wash #1
1 c. water
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. baking soda

spray on produce; wipe off after five minutes.


Fruit and Vegetable Wash #2
1 c. water
1 c. white vinegar
1 T. baking soda
20 drops grapefruit seed extract

spray on produce; wipe after five minutes.



Combine the ingredients into a spray bottle, spray the cleaner on any fruit or veggie, and let it sit for five minutes before wiping it off. The first time I tried this I almost cried when I saw all the grossness that came off the apples and bananas I was cleaning. It's always disgusted me that I'm just supposed to eat an apple that's been handled by who-knows-how-many people after going through machinery that hasn't been cleaned in who-knows-how-long-if-ever after growing on a tree. So. Much. Nastiness. And then this cleaner was brought to my attention and sweet, sweet relief for a germaphobe like me! Now, whenever we buy veggies and fruit, I wash them with this cleaner before throwing them into our designated "fresh produce" container in the fridge (a colander). We don't keep it in a drawer because we tend to forget about it, resulting in the delicious produce going bad before we use it. This way, we always see it first thing when opening the fridge. :)



Happy (clean and sanitized) Eating!

Love,
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment