2 inches fresh ginger
1/2 T black peppercorns
4 small cinnamon sticks
10 whole cloves
1/2 t vanilla extract
1 c. white sugar
2 c. water
- Peel the ginger and cut into thin slices.
- Combine all the ingredients except the vanilla in a pot and bring to a boil.
- After it boils, reduce the heat to medium low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature, strain, stir in the vanilla extract and pour into a container and store in the refrigerator for up to a month.
|Simmer for 30 minutes.|
|Let cool and strain.|
|Keep in refrigerator and enjoy!|
- Add 1 fl. oz. of the chai flavored simple syrup to 8 ounces of tea, coffee, soda, or milk.
- Mix with club soda and whiskey or vanilla vodka for a cocktail.
- Drizzle over ice cream for dessert.
This recipe came from Beth over at Budget Bytes...she's totally awesome and if you're not reading her blog, you need to be! Especially if you're a penny pincher and like to make food from scratch.
Vanessa, Stephen, and Anya